- Beaverton, OR, USA
- Full Time
Perform warehouse functions associated with providing product(s) to our customers, including use of forklifts, hand trucks, small tools and processing paperwork. Perform additional tasks as requested.
1) Interact in a friendly and professional manner both in person and over the telephone with customers, employees and vendors. Constantly observe customers waiting to be helped and take initiative to approach customers and wait on them if needed.
2) Perform all warehouse duties safely (following all policies and procedures and/or using reasonable safety precautions), without damage to product/equipment or injury to self or others.
3) Open and prepare product (including assembly as needed), place product on the showroom floor (including minor installation as needed), and complete proper paperwork (Change of Location form, 'COL') as directed.
4) Accurately locate & pull product from warehouse without damage for customer will calls and deliveries.
5) Load customer vehicles with product without damage and complete all necessary paperwork.
6) Load and unload product to and from Standard and vendor delivery trucks without damage.
7) Check in and stock product from customer returns and vendor delivery trucks using/completing the proper paperwork and ensure that product is placed in its pre-assigned location with 100% accuracy.
8) Perform basic assembly of product (e.g., icemakers, door conversions, T.V. stands).
9) Perform housekeeping duties of warehouse, lunchrooms and bathrooms.
10) Perform safe use of forklift and other warehouse equipment (e.g., scissor lift, sweepers, and pallet jacks).
11) Lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy appliances (e.g. refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.).
12) Operate hand truck with product up to 900 lbs.
1) Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (see below "Physical Demands").
2) Previous warehouse experience.
3) Excellent customer service skills.
4) Fluency in English (written & verbal).
5) Complete knowledge of safe forklift operation including the ability to pass forklift certification training.
6) Ability to use basic tools.
7) Ability to work positively in a team environment.
8) Ability to work a 40-hour per week flexible schedule (shift changes, split days off, covering vacations, etc.) and overtime as needed.
1) Possess a current OSHA forklift certification.
2) Several years experience in a warehouse environment with forklift experience.
3) High School diploma or GED equivalency.
1) Frequent standing on concrete warehouse flooring is required. (Workers are on their feet most of the day, however not standing in one position for any length of time). Frequent walking is required throughout the warehouse. Walking interspersed with driving and standing.
2) Occasional to frequent sitting on forklifts to move appliances and restock. Other sitting is available on breaks and lunch only.
3) Workers may frequently change position between walking, standing, and sitting.
4) Occasional carrying of product, boxes, hand tools and miscellaneous items up to 75lbs. is required. Occasionally, workers are required to carry 150 –300 pound mattresses.
5) Frequent lifting up to 75 lbs required, occasional lifting up to 250 lbs. Rarely lift up to 300-900 lbs. as a single lift (2 people perform these heavy jobs therefore, lifting is divided between them). The heavier items lifted include appliances and mattresses. Lifting is mainly from the ground to waist high but can be overhead as well. Workers do not always lift the appliance, per se, but will maneuver, push/pull item from the floor onto carts and dollies, requiring strength and flexibility.
6) Frequent pushing and pulling required when utilizing dollies for loading and unloading, as well as maneuvering appliances and mattresses. These items can weigh up to 900 lbs. Workers also push and pull appliance boxes when staging orders and restocking.
7) Frequent bending is required in order to perform this work. Proper body mechanics is stressed however, in order to move the appliances and mattresses. Awkward positions occur when maneuvering and handling these large, bulky items.
8) Continuous use of hands and arms performing daily tasks, mainly gross motor skills. Fine manipulation required to complete paperwork but this is only done on an occasional basis. Overhead reaching is required occasionally to load heavy products weighing 50 lbs. up to 400 lbs.
9) Occasional twisting required for loading and unloading.
10) Occasional climbing required getting in and out of forklifts and into the backs of trucks when assisting customers. There are also steps from the warehouse to the area where people may pick up deliveries and assistance is needed.
11) Work is performed mainly in a warehouse with limited temperature controls. Due to the loading docks, there can be some extreme temperatures. While loading, workers are exposed to typical Northwest weather conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: